Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter Reflection

We had a blessed Easter this year. We were able to spend time together as a family and also shared time with our church family and friends! My husband and I gave the girls their baskets early in the morning and then we headed to church with the girls wearing the dresses and headbands I made for them :)

But Easter is so much more than pretty dresses (even tho my girls looked so cute!) more than candy and gifts, even more than time together as a family! Easter is about Jesus' resurrection and the sacrifice He made on the cross to save the world!
This is such an important day for us as a family. It's the day we get to celebrate the greatest gift we have ever received, the gift if God's love, the gift if salvation!
Salvation from the destructive path we were taking, salvation from all the craziness that reigns in this world. We celebrate the abundant life that only God can give us.

On Easter Day I like to reflect on the price that was paid for my sins and most if all the most amazing love I've ever felt in my life. God loved me when was unlovable, He loved me more than anyone else have, and He put me first when I didn't deserved it. He gave His life so I could live. There's nothing I could ever do to repay what He has done for me!
All I can do is allow him to live in me, all I can do is give him my heart and life everyday, letting him change my sinful nature into everything He has intended me to be. A better wife, mother, daughter, sister, and friend. I want to live the life He planned for me even before I was born!

Jesus has given a new life and he wants to give you a new and abundant life too, all you have to do is open your heart and let him in.

Happy Easter! He's risen!



















No comments:

Post a Comment