Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Little Girls Ruffled Dress {Tutorial Link}

For the past three years I been wanting to make my daughter's Easter dress and I never had {made} the time to do it. Well this year I started planning on making their {because now I have 2 girls!} dresses in February! I had to, otherwise I wouldn't had been able to do it. 
When I sew a project I pretty much figure out how to make it, but these were my girls' Easter dresses so I wanted to do a good job. I knew I wanted to make ruffled dresses and when I was looking for patterns to buy I found a couple of nice tutorials that I could adapt for both of my girls. 
So here they are!

For my older daughter I used this tutorial and adapted the measurements to her size like shown in the tutorial.



The only thing I did was to finish the inside of the dress with bias tape so it was more comfortable for her to wear.


For the top of my youngest dress I used this tutorial 


The result was two adorable girls with super cute ruffled Easter dresses :) 





My secret weapon to make those cute flowing ruffles is this amazing ruffler foot for my sewing machine. It literally makes your life easier {when it comes to make the ruffles} 




Well what do you guys think?


No comments:

Post a Comment